Transportation drives humanity forward. At Stratio we have a purpose: to change the transportation industry. We believe in a future with no disruptions, where vehicles never break down, a zero downtime future. For that we rely on great individuals and great teams.
Quality Assurance Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging, defining corrective actions, review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts). QA engineer will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective. QA Engineer will also be responsible for providing the necessary environments for development (integration and user acceptance testing environments).
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback;
- Maintain and improve the CI/CD processes and configuration;
- Maintain and provide the necessary environments for development (integration and user acceptance testing environments), including test data management;
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- Automate API, UI and System Integration tests to validate functional and non-functional requirements;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools;
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs;
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved;
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs;
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements;
- Work together with internal teams, troubleshooting and debugging issues in production and other environments;
- Analyze and compile deployment configuration guidelines based on performance, stability and other end to end testing activities;
- Work daily with software and hardware teams to promote continuous improvement and quality mindset in product development;
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject;
- 3 or more years of professional software testing experience;
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance and test automation;
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Gitlab or Jenkins, Sonatype Nexus;
- Experience working with Git and Jira;
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments;
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes;
- Knowledge of Relational and Non-Relational databases;
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
- Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written;
- Experience with testing in production techniques (canary testing, A/B Testing, monitoring, etc.);
- Experience with .NETCore (especially building and packaging), Jenkins, Docker/Kubernetes technology;
- Experience with tools such as SonarQube and OWASP Dependency Track is plus;
- Experience with C++ programming;;
- Experience in hardware testing and testing in embedded systems.
- Basic knowledge of MisraC++, Autosar, and ISO 26262 is a plus
We expect you to:
- Be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Help the elements of the team with less experience;
- Be able to own your mistakes and take actions so that they don't repeat them;
- Be eager to learn about Design Patterns, performance and security;
- Be eager to learn new tools for new problems;
- Promote a quality-driven culture;
- Keep an eye for possible improvements and identify disruptions in the processes.
This position is remote-friendly.
You can find our Culture Manifesto and more team information here.