Senior Controller - Lead
Stratio is the World’s Leading Real-time Predictive Fleet Maintenance Platform. The company's proprietary technology combines large-scale processing with the latest machine learning techniques to prevent hundreds of thousands of breakdowns from happening every day, thus saving millions of people from the hassle of public transportation delays, postponed deliveries, or late arrival of essential goods. Stratio’s platform enables zero downtime for 5 of the 10 largest transportation companies in the world. Fleet operators in Europe, North America, Asia-pacific, and Latin America trust Stratio’s technology to fully leverage the data under the hood to safeguard operations, and keep customers happy. Stratio’s technology has enabled transportation for 1.3 billion people so far.
The Senior Controller is responsible for assuring all financial, fiscal and legal activities of the company and ensure company’s financial health and profitability, and for providing input for overall company strategy.
- Ensure the execution of the finance team operational processes;
- Support and supervise the daily operations of the finance team;
- Create and monitor the financial processes with specific KPIs;
- Monthly/Weekly auditing of the financial and management accounts;
- Prepare, maintain and keep updated the standard chart of accounts and for the preparation of account analysis/reconciliations on a timely basis;
- Ensure data integrity and prepare financial information as required, in accordance with expected accuracy, timeliness and accessibility;
- Perform General Accounting and Payroll when required;
- Supervise taxes compliance function;
- Ensure Project Accounting (PT2020 / H2020) ensuring payments requests are held in timely manner according to external deadlines;
- Perform month/quarter/year end close and reconciliations according to internal and external deadlines;
- Create the necessary reports to the management of the company;
- Report to and work in coordination with the CFO of the company;
- Work on improving the processes of the financial department;
- Work on improving the financial ERP;
- Maintain reporting templates;
- Manage Fixed Assets and Intercompany accounting/reporting/compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting/Management/Economics;
- At least 3 years of previous accounting / audit relevant experience;
- Chartered Accountant;
- Fluency in English;
- Team management experience;
- Proficiency in Office tools Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Experience with ERP systems (Primavera, PHC, SAP, SAGE, Oracle);
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Very good planning and organizational skills;
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable person;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Experience of working in an international environment.
- Previous experience in financial management or certification of PT2020 projects;
- Previous Big4 working experience.
We expect you to:
- Be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Help the elements of the team with less experience;
- Keep an eye for possible improvements and identify disruptions in the processes;
- Be available to work 25% of the time (1 week per month) at the Coimbra Office for local activities.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance;
- Fringe Benefits Policy;
- Flexible Work Hours - adjust your schedule to your needs;
- Work Setup - remote, hybrid, on-site - if your job can be done remotely, and you prefer to, you’re free to choose;
- Hardware and software for a full remote setup;
- Monthly All-Hands;
- Quarterly Events to discuss Strategy;
- Autonomy and Ownership Culture;
- Continuous feedback culture;
- Innovation Mindset;
- Career Acceleration.
We want inspiring individuals in our teams, where age, race, gender, sexual orientation, politics and religion do not matter, and seek to create a tolerant and open space for everyone. We thrive to provide an inclusive and trustworthy environment.
You can find our Culture Manifesto and more team information here.
Take the road with us!