Senior DevOps Engineer
Stratio is the World’s Leading Real-time Predictive Fleet Maintenance Platform. The company's proprietary technology combines large-scale processing with the latest machine learning techniques to prevent hundreds of thousands of breakdowns from happening every day, thus saving millions of people from the hassle of public transportation delays, postponed deliveries, or late arrival of essential goods. Stratio’s platform enables zero downtime for 5 of the 10 largest transportation companies in the world. Fleet operators in Europe, North America, Asia-pacific, and Latin America trust Stratio’s technology to fully leverage the data under the hood to safeguard operations, and keep customers happy. Stratio’s technology has enabled transportation for 1.3 billion people so far.
DevOps Engineer responsibilities include deploying product updates, identifying production issues, and implementing integrations that meet customer needs. Ultimately, a DevOps Engineer will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately, and securely, optimizing the value delivery chain efficacy and efficiency by introducing automatic validation/feedback/monitoring steps along the development lifecycle.
- Continuous process improvement;
- Implement tooling for deployment automation and environment management;
- Implement integrations;
- Deploy updates and fixes;
- Build tools to reduce the occurrences of errors and improve customer experience;
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems;
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors;
- Investigate and resolve technical issues;
- Develop scripts to automate visualization;
- Develop scripts to automate CI/CD;
- Design Dashboards and tools for data visualization to help different teams monitoring and identifying problems (e.g.: Kibana, Grafana);
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance;
- Migrate data and applications between multiple environments, development/staging/production;
- Maintain and work with multiple types of storage (e.g: NFS).
- Familiarity with container orchestration and containerization services, especially Kubernetes and Docker;
- Familiarity with message broker technologies (e.g.: Kafka, RabbitMQ);
- Familiarity with in-memory databases (e.g: Redis);
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins;
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g.: Nagios, Prometheus);
- Experience with cloud services (e.g.: Azure, AWS);
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments;
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell and/or Bash;
- Work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role;
- Working knowledge of both relational and No-SQL databases: MS SQL-Server, Elasticsearch, others;
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- Experience with testing in production techniques (canary testing, A/B Testing, monitoring, etc.);
- Experience with .NET Core (especially building and packaging);
- Experience with static analysis tooling (e.g.: SonarQube, OWASP Dependency Track, etc.);
- Experience in Hardware/Firmware development lifecycle;
- Basic knowledge of ISO 26262 is a plus.
We expect you:
- Be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Mentor and grow the elements of the team with less experience;
- Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes;
- Be eager to learn new tools for new problems;
- Ensure that teams follow established processes;
- Keep an eye for possible improvements and identify disruptions in the processes.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance;
- Fringe Benefits Policy;
- Flexible Work Hours - adjust your schedule to your needs;
- Work Setup - remote, hybrid, onsite - if your job can be done remotely, and you prefer to, you’re free to choose;
- Hardware and software for a full remote setup;
- Monthly All-Hands;
- Quarterly Events to discuss Strategy;
- Autonomy and Ownership Culture;
- Continuous feedback culture;
- Innovation Mindset;
- Career Acceleration.
- Remote / Hybrid / Lisbon / Coimbra
We want inspiring individuals in our teams, where age, race, gender, sexual orientation, politics and religion do not matter, and seek to create a tolerant and open space for everyone. We thrive to provide an inclusive and trustworthy environment.
You can find our Culture Manifesto and more team information here.
Take the road with us!