Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
Transportation drives humanity forward. At Stratio we have a purpose: to change the transportation industry. We believe in a future with no disruptions, where vehicles never break down, a zero downtime future. For that we rely on great individuals and great teams.
The Embedded Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for the design, development and continuous improvement of internally developed IoT solutions and its embedded software.
- Contribute actively in the design of new solutions;
- Provide critical support with the purpose of improved quality and cost reduction;
- Assist prototyping and bring-up and design;
- Design and troubleshoot microcontroller and embedded mixed signal systems;
- Create and maintain test plans with automation in mind;
- Implement and debug C++ code independently in complex multithreaded RTOS;
- Design, implement and maintain complex algorithms and data structures;
- Participate in all phases of design on singular projects;
- Create detailed documentation for the complete firmware lifecycle.
- BSc or MSc in Electronics Engineering or similar field;
- Firmware development for embedded systems(C / C++);
- Survey and requirements analysis;
- Debug of embedded systems with RTOS in ARM Cortex M4 processors;
- Knowledge of Eclipse IDE, Keil or IAR;
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 standard, Misra C standard and/or Autosar framework;
- Fluency in English.
- Automotive interest and extensive knowledge of the Automotive industry;
- Continuous Integration experience using Jenkins.
We expect you to:
- Have five to eight years of experience including extensive experience in solving problems of varying complexities;
- Have the ability to experiment and test solutions for problems, validate assumptions for them, and the ability to associate one idea to another to reach a solution;
- Have the trait to consistently improve the quality and structure of the previously written code;
- Communicate with clients about the business processes of their projects and has the ability to transform business processes into programming code;
- Mentor the junior and mid-level developers of the team, and be able to delegate tasks to team members in a balanced and effective manner;
- Comprehend the full scope of a project and make the best suggestions and methods to develop, test, implement, and maintain a project;
- Coach junior developers and can manage a team doing simple to complicated tasks;
- Perform regular reviews on code done by less experienced developers and offer feedback and suggestions for that code;
- Independently solve various problems and rectify complicated problems through the application of design patterns;
- Create and write complex tests.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance;
- Fringe Benefits Policy;
- Flexible Work Hours - adjust your schedule to your needs;
- Work Setup - remote, hybrid, onsite - if your job can be done remotely, and you prefer to, you’re free to choose;
- Hardware and software for a full remote setup;
- Monthly All Hands;
- Quarterly Events to discuss Strategy;
- Autonomy and Ownership Culture;
- Continuous feedback culture;
- Innovation Mindset;
- Career Acceleration.
- Coimbra / Lisbon / Hybrid / Remote
We want inspiring individuals in our teams, where age, race, gender, sexual orientation, politics and religion do not matter, and seek to create a tolerant and open space for everyone. We thrive to provide an inclusive and trustworthy environment.
You can find our Culture Manifesto and more team information here.
Take the road with us!