Senior Hardware Engineer
Transportation drives humanity forward. At Stratio we have a purpose: to change the transportation industry. We believe in a future with no disruptions, where vehicles never break down, a zero downtime future. For that we rely on great individuals and great teams.
As an Hardware Engineer you will participate in the creation of the hardware products for the Stratio portfolio. You will be responsible for schematics creation, circuit design, rapid prototyping, cost evaluation and risk mitigation.
You will work with embedded software engineering and qualification teams on system bring up, design validation and debug/failure analysis investigation. Take your designs through CE, R10 and EMC immunity testing. When required, lead activities in support of project assignments and goals (drawings, models, debugging, building prototypes, ability to create quick one-off circuits for testing new proof of concepts, documentation release, etc.)
- Contribute actively in the design of new solutions;
- Provide critical support with the purpose of improved quality and cost reduction;
- Work with schematic and PCB design;
- Assist prototyping and bring-up and design;
- Design and troubleshoot microcontroller and embedded mixed signal systems;
- Design and oversee the production of electronics hardware equipment;
- Test parts and systems to ensure they work properly;
- Identify and isolate defects;
- Integrate components into the final design;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary;
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors;
- Generate specifications for parts;
- Control the efficiency of processes;
- Build, test and modify product prototypes;
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration;
- Test and measure EMI conducted and radiated;
- Retrieve data for analysis of system capabilities;
- Participate in all phases of design on singular projects;
- Create detailed documentation for the complete hardware lifecycle.
- BSc.(mandatory) or MSc (nice to have) in Electronics Engineering or similar field;
- Proven experience in hardware development;
- Hardware knowledge in analogue and digital systems;
- Firmware development for embedded systems in V-model (C / C++);
- Survey and requirements analysis;
- Debug of embedded systems with RTOS in ARM Cortex M4 processors;
- Knowledge of Kicad, Altium, Eclipse IDE, Keil or IAR;
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 standard, Misra C standard and Autosar framework;
- Fluency in English.
- Automotive interest and extensive knowledge of the Automotive industry;
- PCB antenna design;
- High speed PCB design;
- EMI testing experience.
We expect you to:
- Be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Help the elements of the team with less experience;
- Be eager to learn new tools for new problems;
- Be proactive in the search for new solutions for quality increase and cost reduction;
- Keep an eye for possible improvements and identify disruptions in the processes;
- Be available to work 25% of the time (1 week per month) at the Coimbra office for local activities.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance;
- Fringe Policy;
- Flexible Work Hours - adjust your schedule to your needs;
- Work Setup - remote, hybrid, onsite - if your job can be done remotely, and you prefer to, you’re free to choose;
- Hardware and software for a full remote setup;
- Monthly All Hands;
- Quarterly Events to discuss Strategy;
- Autonomy and Ownership Culture;
- Continuous feedback culture;
- Innovation Mindset;
- Career Acceleration.
- Hybrid / Coimbra / Lisbon
We want inspiring individuals in our teams, where age, race, gender, sexual orientation, politics and religion do not matter, and seek to create a tolerant and open space for everyone. We thrive to provide an inclusive and trustworthy environment.
You can find our Culture Manifesto and more team information here.
Take the road with us!